Packing up

packing up the tree house

We are, as you can see, in the throes of packing up the bookshop and storing what we can.  I have a fabulous team of people working hard to get it all sorted, packed and cleared, and we have a few days’ grace (we were originally due to be out on New Year’s Eve), but am hoping we will have it all finished at the weekend.

It is New Year’s Day, and a time for looking ahead rather than back, so I am thinking about what the future might hold.  In the meantime, I wish everyone a very happy new year!

Advertisements

16 thoughts on “Packing up

1. Food,Photography & France January 1, 2015 / 10:04 am

I hadn’t realised that the book shop had to close. I’m really sorry to hear this and hope you can get started again…as soon as possible. Wishing a change of luck in 2015…you deserve it.

Liked by 1 person

• Victoria January 1, 2015 / 10:11 am

Thank you Roger. Will start looking for new premises soon, going to take a week off first – looking forward to it!

2. Andrew Clayton January 1, 2015 / 10:41 am

Very sad to see this venue close. Long live the Tree House.

And down with exploitative capitalism, obviously.

Liked by 2 people

• Victoria January 1, 2015 / 10:50 am

Obviously. Thanks, Andrew, and for all your support! x

3. Denise Watson January 1, 2015 / 12:57 pm

I hope that 2015 is a happier year for you, Victoria, and that you can find some new premises for The Tree House very soon. Onwards and upwards …

Liked by 1 person

4. Diana Fallowes January 1, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Very best wishes to The Tree House and you Victoria. I do hope 2015 finds you both a great place to be. Thanks for all your support of me and Crazy Kiln. Diana x

Liked by 1 person

• Victoria January 1, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Thank you Diana – hope you have a great year.

5. tonypiper2 January 1, 2015 / 2:43 pm

Good Wishes to you too Victoria.I have some limited storage space if you are stuck and a car to transport them in

Liked by 1 person

• Victoria January 1, 2015 / 6:08 pm

Ooh, thanks Tony! Was just about to send out a message to see if anyone had room for a few boxes – we’ve lost one of our major offers of storage space. If you’re around tomorrow or Saturday and feel up to calling by for a small number of boxes, please do! I’m sure we’ll manage, but all offers of help gratefully received.

• tonypiper2 January 2, 2015 / 9:55 am

I’m coming down on Saturday.What time would be good?

• Victoria January 2, 2015 / 10:01 am

Any time between 10.30 and 3 would be great. Thank you!

6. geraldinejones2014 January 1, 2015 / 3:24 pm

Sorry I haven’t been around to help with the packing (physically and mentally needed elsewhere) but I am thinking of you all at this sad time. Will be in touch soon!

Liked by 1 person

7. Kim Watson January 2, 2015 / 9:01 pm

Hi Victoria, Hope you are finding time to relax tonight.Don’t despair. We will help you get it sorted. See you tomorrow, Kim & Johnx

Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 09:46:40 +0000 To: kim_watson@live.co.uk

Liked by 1 person

• Victoria January 2, 2015 / 9:04 pm

Thanks so much…you’ve both been amazing! xx